This is the 2nd installation of the "Picture is Worth 1000 Words" series, which I just invented because this is the 2nd one I've posted. Here's the first.
Sorry for assaulting your eyes with this image, but it had to be done. We have to talk about this. And by "talk about it," I mean describe what could possibly be happening in this picture. Besides "advertising Pepsi." Because that's what she actually IS doing. I know, I don't get it either. I don't pretend to understand the executives at Pepsi. If they made any sense whatsoever, they would have given up a long time ago when they realized Coke is and forever will be superior, and no amount of sparkles or pink hair will distract us enough to change that.
ANYWAY. Here are my guesses as to what is happening in this photo:
- Nicki Minaj is making eye contact with a baby and over-acting the enthusiasm.
- Nicki Minaj is trying to hypnotize us.
- Despite her mother's warnings, Nicki Minaj kept making this face and inevitably her eyes did, indeed, get stuck that way.
- This is actually a statue of Nicki Minaj in Madam Tousseau's wax museum.
- Nicki Minaj just found out she lost everything in the stock market right before going on stage and is doing a terrible job of leaving it at the door.
- Nicki Minaj is conducting a science experiment to see if she can actually will her eyeballs to pop out of her skull on command as part of her act.
- Nicki Minaj just caught her boyfriend in the crowd making out with a waitress and is trying not to break character.
- The corset top Nicki Minaj is wearing is squeezing her torso so tightly that it is making her eyes bulge, not unlike one of those orangey-yellow rubber squeeze toy creatures with the red ears you'd find on the shelves at the Cracker Barrel store.
- Her eyelashes got stuck to her face.
- Nicki Minaj just sat on the business end of a giant stiletto being used as a stage prop.
Your turn. What do YOU think is happening in this picture?